Monday 27 June 2016

Fandom & World-building

BBC Radio 4's Homer, Hagrid and the Incredible Hulk
I listen to a lot of BBC Radio 4. Usually I stay within the confines of the Science & Nature category but from time to time I stumble elsewhere and I recently came across this programme on the creation of universes and how fans engage with them. It’s pretty lightweight but makes a few interesting points about the importance of detail and consistency and has interviews with some established writers including Robbin Hobb and the lady who created the My Little Pony universe.
Depending on where you are in the world it might not be available due to BBC policy but I listened to in Sweden with no trouble so give it a try and see what you think. Leave a comment if it inspires any pearls of wisdom in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment